Sunday, June 20, 2010

Summer Has Arrived!

I have finally arrived at Interlochen!

Thanks to Joseph for being super awesome and giving me a ride up to Interlochen and helping me move all my things into the cabin and getting me settled in.. As of right now, all 45 HSG (High School Girls) Staff are bunked in three different cabins until Wednesday. It's kinda cool because we'll all get a chance to know each other before the campers get here, but since we're moving out of our cabins Wednesday, none of us can really unpack, so the cabin is a mess with piles of suitcases crammed everywhere. It's like living out of a box again!

This evening we had a s'mores fire/mingling get together with the HSB (High School Boys) Staff. It was fun, but I feel like i've introduced myself SO many times today. There are about 70 ish of us High School Counselors, so there are quite a lot of introductions to still be had within the next week and the rest of the summer. It was great getting to meet people, and everyone is from all over...Michigan, Florida, Indiana, Illinois, Arizona, California..So it's pretty cool to talk to different people from different places. Our get together is on the "Sun Decker" which is a pavilion type structure that over looks the lake in the HSG division. The picture below is what the sunset semi-looked like today, and will look like during the summer:



This week is going to be super busy with staff training, orientation, and plenty of name-games...woo. haha. Tomorrow will be a 6:30 AM wake up with breakfast at 7:15 AM and a list of meetings, activities, meals, and more meetings from 8:30 AM to 10 PM. LONG DAY. As will be the many ahead of me this summer, BUT... It's all okay because I'm here at Interlochen, and It's already looking like it will be a blast this summer. I am definitely looking forward to meeting more people tomorrow and getting my cabin assignments later this week.

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment