Thursday, June 3, 2010

Pre-Pre-Camp

To start off, I created this blog so that I can post pictures, stories and my day-to-day activities while at Interlochen Arts Camp for the summer. Cell Phones and Computers are not permitted to be used by or around the campers, so I figured a blog would come in handy so that I could post lots of information all at once! :)

Alright, now that you get the idea, it's time for a little Pre-Pre-Camp Discussion. I have MASSIVE amounts of packing to do. Procrastination has been breathing down my neck for the past month and I've let the aroma of it's breath engulf me. No more! Lots of College stuff has to be re-organized and packed away and everything for camp this summer has to be laid out into piles and packed before June 20th. 17 more days and counting! I will be at camp for a total of Seven Weeks, and I am a HUGE culprit of over packing... I just have to tell myself that I can do it! Some things are already laid out in piles, and since there is a uniform at Interlochen, it helps a great deal with not bringing too many clothes.

As many of you know, I was a camper at Interlochen for three summers. I cannot explain to you in words most of the experiences I've had, but I can say that Interlochen is a little strip of Musical Heaven. As a camper in the Two-Week All State Division (only available to Michigan residents) my uniform consisted of the Blue Polo, Navy Blue Shorts, and Yellow Socks. All the divisions at Interlochen are color coordinated by colored socks for girls and colored belts for boys. Here's a quick list of the divisions and their colors:

High School- Light Blue Belts/Socks
Intermediate- Red Belts/Socks
Junior- Navy Blue Belts/Socks

Each division also is identified by lanyards worn around the neck with a name tag attached to it. The same color scheme as the socks and belts apply. Staff members and counselors also wear Navy blue socks, but we are also allowed to wear white socks as well and we have orange lanyards with a photo i.d. attached to it.

So back to my tidbit of how camping at Interlochen was wonderful; I am extremely excited to return to the camp as a counselor and to meet new friends and musicians from all over the country and world. June 1st I started my countdown to Interlochen, so as of today I have 17 more days. There is so much to do, and while i'm packing, shopping and scrambling to get everything done, I'll post a few more entries before I go!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like u have plenty of time to prepare to go. I am an over packer too! Thanks for your info and I will stay in touch. We are going to miss u this summer but I know you will have a blast! Let us know if you need us to send anything up to you. Love Aunt Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph, I really like the blog idea and hope that you can find time during your week to send side "special" hello notes to your Mommy. I love you very much and will miss you bunches and bunches while your gone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doing what you love to do is a good thing! Have fun and enjoy the experience.

    ReplyDelete