Saturday, July 24, 2010

Week Four

Oh my, time is just flying by!

Week four is coming to a close and it feels like I just arrived yesterday.

Sometimes the days blur together so it can become fairly difficult to remember what happened on what day, but overall I've been able to keep track of the weeks as they've gone by. Yesterday I had my day off (Friday) and my grandparents came to visit for the day. They took me into Traverse City and we rode on a big Schooner boat with about 25 other people. It was pretty calm in the bay, but it was also very relaxing as well as the wind blew through my hair and I watched various speed boats go by. We also ventured into downtown and walked around Front St. for a little while, the three of us stopped into Kilwin's fudge/ice cream shop and got ice cream and malts. It was a new experience for Grandma (not knowing what kilwin's was) and it was delicious ice cream as well.

Earlier in the week we had a Unit Activity for all the campers in Unit C. The event was a counselor dress-up fashion show where the campers of each cabin dressed up their own counselor. My campers dressed me and my co-counselor Katie up as the messy floor of our cabin and the "Caper Queen". (capers are chores) It was good fun, and there were lots of guest counselor and administrative staff judges.



This week I was also able to get away for a bit during the day and go see a movie with two of my HSG counselor friends. We went to Meijer and saw Inception, which was SUCH a good movie..makes you think though. At Meijer I bought raspberries for $2 and they were ripe and delicious and a good relief from 5 and a half weeks of cafeteria food.

Week Five is about to begin, and as much as I am excited to go back home and move to Kalamazoo for the year, I am sad that this summer has gone by so quickly and that I will have to leave all my friends that I have made here in just two short weeks..

Ta,Ta for now, I will write again later!

No comments:

Post a Comment