Monday, July 5, 2010

Week Two

So It's been about a week since I have last written. The campers have been here for a full week, and I have been here for two already. Week two begins today, and there are a lot of things planned for everyone throughout the week. Dances, Lake Trips, Beach Sleepovers at the Waterfront, pizza dinner etc. Not all the counselors get to go on the off-campus trips, but it's still fun for the campers. Interlochen also has many different waterfronts that we can swim at that are nice. There is even a waterfront access that is right by Kresge (the main outdoor auditorium)that is only available to Staff and Visitors. We call it the 'Stone Waterfront', and it's a really nice smaller beach and swim area, a concrete deck area right next to the beach overlooking the lake with wooden lawn chairs and picnic tables to sit at and just relax. I went down there the other day, and it's a great place to chill out while the campers are at class on a warm sunny day under the huge tree that provides shade. It's the best when there's a big breeze coming off of the lake like yesterday (July 4th), especially when the WYSO is rehearsing in Kresge right next door.

I get one day off a week, which is cool to just chill at Traverse City all day. My day off is Friday, so last Friday a small group of counselors went to the Bay and sat on the beach for the afternoon. The Traverse City Cherry Festival was just getting started, so we were lucky to see the dress rehearsal of the Blue Angels right over the Bay.

So far I haven't gotten the chance to play my Clarinet a whole lot, but now that training and orientation is over with, I will have a lot of time in the morning and early afternoon to practice. There are even a few other counselor clarinetists in the High School Boys and Girls Divisions, so we were thinking of getting a quintet together or something fun like that. I played duets with one of the other girl counselors from Ohio the other day, She will be a Junior at Wright State University in Dayton, OH this year so it was fun to just relax and play duets.

Overall it's been a pretty chill week as far as activities and duties go, so I will post again once the activities and festivities get going.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a pretty amazing week ahead of you. I hope you are one of the counselors that get to go on most of the off campus trips. I can't wait until the next time I see you, whenever that may be. :)

    <3
    Joe

    ReplyDelete